Human ecology is a term that describes the interaction of human beings with their ecosystem. The concept of ecology focuses on clarifying the connection of humans with nature from ancient to evolutionary time. It comprises the link between social cultures, beliefs, science, facts, etc. Ellen Richards governs the idea of Human ecology in 1907. Later on, scientists like Moran altered it by the linkage between living and non-living organisms. For these reasons, understanding ecology will help sustain the environment in a better way.
Human ecology is a significant factor in predicting the upcoming change in culture and tradition. Comparing today’s world with the last hundreds of years has made us clear about technological evolution. It is implemented in education to make us aware of the upcoming reliable cultural changes. Therefore, to maintain susceptibility, it is necessary to understand Human ecology from social, political, economic, and educational views. It is also an integral factor in determining human relations, excluding the environment.
The ecosystem of living has changed a lot since humans learn to develop the community. This development has changed in the following fields in the following ways:
1. Urbanization: it refers to the development of technical facilities and human participation in work. The lands are being used in more significant amounts to fulfill the demand for social involvement. It has led to low human participation in the rural and agriculture sector.
2. Environmental changes: It is an essential topic of discussion for survival. The reason for worsened atmospheric conditions is humans’ settlement. It also had disrupted the natural way of living of other creatures. Most of the species are now hunted and restricted to live in their habitats. It has adversely affected the biological cycles.
3. Social epidemiology: A significant improvement in the epidemic recovery is seen due to the change in Human ecology. The organic and biological customization had made the treatment method very specific. In the case of heath, ecology has brought excellent outcomes. It is possible by interacting with the living cycle of other creatures, including plants.
4. Socialism & individualism: It refers to the mindset of people in comparison to old times. Development in Human ecology has also improved participation among all lineages and populations. Nowadays, the classification is no more based on genes and culture. It has now been replaced with economic and intellectual ability.
5. Demography: The study of humans has been more statistical for analyzing any experiment. There is no restriction of horizons among people for interaction and communication. A significant change in the behavior and mindset is now out in the new human ecological study.
The study of Human ecology has given the idea of changing the world based on the historical aspects. Every single bit of traits is now easy to analyze with the help of ecological studies. It gives much clarity in furnishing information from all types of alterations, including landscape, adaptation, cultural and regional heritage. Looking into the change, they also can make a plan to conserve the challenges coming in the future from all sectors.